A goodly number of us met the incoming GA Chief Officer, Elizabeth Slade, on Friday 29th March, at Unitarian New Meeting Church in Birmingham. It was a very fruitful and interesting exchange of views – she told us something of her background, and of her hopes for the future. We shared our concerns and joys about Unitarianism.
Liz asked several challenging questions:
- How do we invite more people into the movement?
- How do we tell the story of what we stand for and protect the good things we’re already doing, while inviting those people in?
- How can we share our learning and principles?
- What can we do differently to help us attract new people?
- How do we continually shine the light on the positive things and grow from these strengths?
- And, what do you want us to be remembered for, in 200 years’ time?
I think all of us left UNM feeling inspired and encouraged. We wish Liz all the very best for her tenure as Chief Officer.