1. A further new portfolio of investments, to increase investment income, in order to maintain the current level of grants to congregations and others, was approved.
2. The Committee agreed to nominate a member of an MUA congregation to the position of General Assembly Vice-President / President for 2015/16, subject to their agreement.
3. The Midland Unitarian Association’s website has been re-developed and is looking good – please visit it at http://www.midland-unitarian-association.org.uk
4. ALL congregations need to be in compliance with the new Safeguarding Requirements. This is not optional. All Congregational Secretaries should have received a letter about this in the recent GA mailing, and will be receiving further information from the District Minister shortly.
5. The International Association for Religious Freedom is holding its annual Congress in Birmingham from 24th – 27th August 2014, and has approached the District for help with the Congress. Should anyone be available to help out as a greeter, or with the registration process, please contact Rev. Richard Boeke Tel: 01403 257801 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. There will be a Gay Pride March in Wolverhampton on 27th September. Further details to follow in the September issue of Bits & Pieces.