1. District RE Coordinator. Unfortunately we are back to square one on this. If anyone is interested in the post, please contact Sue Woolley.
2. The MUA Annual General Meeting will be held at Shrewsbury Unitarian Church, on Saturday 29th March 2014 – please put the date in your diaries. Our Guest Speaker is John Naish, author of Enough,a wonderful book about sustainable living. The lunch is being provided by a member at Shrewsbury who is a professional chef, at cost. The charge will be £5 a head, payable on the day.
3. Planning of the ‘Celebrating Our Community‘ slot at the 2014 General Assembly meetings is now well advanced. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Rev. Sue Woolley or President Ash James.
4. Plea for Stewards for 2014 GA meetings: Andrew Mason, who organises the national GA meetings, has asked the MUA to ask member congregations for volunteers to be stewards at the 2014 GA meetings at Whittlebury Hall, near Towcester, Northamptonshire. Please contact Sue Woolley.
5. Social Media Training Day: this has been arranged for Saturday 8th February 2014, at Unitarian New Meeting Church, Birmingham. Facebook, Twitter and blogging will be covered by Yvonne Aburrow, Alison Patrick and Sue Woolley. Bring your own laptop or tablet or notebook. Please contact Sue Woolley. NB deadline for applications is Friday 31st January 2014.
6. Rites of Passage National Course: it was agreed at the meeting that the District should run this course in alternate years with the Worship Studies Course Foundation Step, starting in 2015.